Review : Proenza Schouler Lux Leather Wallet

16 December 2009

ps1 wallet evergreen

Above is the image posted on the Proenza Schouler website of the Lux Wallet in Evergreen. When I hear the word wallet, I expect certain things such as maybe a zipper or some card holders, so I was a bit disappointed to find that this was more like a pouch or mini clutch inside.

_MG_9451

There is only the one compartment, so I wouldn't call this a wallet at all. Despite that, it's still pretty cute. The green was really difficult to photograph. It definitely looked lighter in real life than in the web photo.

_MG_9449
_MG_9466
_MG_9461

You can see that the shade changes drastically in the photos I took, depending on the where I was standing when I took them. The most accurate representation of color would be the middle photo, but it's still tricky in that from certain angles the "wallet" looks green, teal, or even blue.

I still really like the overall look, though, It looks and feels like something that will look even better when it gets all beat up with usage.

I just took a quick look at the website to check out the description and it looks like the only color left is pink.

5 comments:

  1. oh i was in major WANT of one of these wallets, but by the time I saw it the gorgeous blue and purple were gone, and I am not one to drop that kind of change on a 3rd choice (for me) color! yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of it, but can totally relate to your disappointment.

    I am so picky about my wallets...I have a crusty old Ralph Lauren one that has seen better days but it is too hard to find another one to love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, i love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of getting a PS1 wallet too! the only question i have is.. what do you do with your coins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I guess you have to buy a separate coin purse. Lots of cute ones around :)

      Delete

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger