Maialino

01 December 2010

I kind of miss posting about food. Ever since we moved here to Western Mass, there just doesn't seem to be as many opportunities to actually go out and eat somewhere really nice since it feels like we're so far from everything. Good thing we take occasional trips to NYC, where H indulges my passion for trying new restaurants.

Last Saturday, we decided on a quick day trip to Manhattan and I was able to get a brunch reservation at Maialino. I've been wanting to try this place for a while now.

Maialino reception

Located beside the Gramercy Park Hotel, the entrance is warm and welcoming, leading to a more spacious back area that's a bit brighter.

Maialino interior

Bread @ Maialino

The bread they gave us was pretty good, but would have been better served warm.

Bomboloni con Crema @ Maialino

H and I shared the Bomboloni con crema (doughnuts with cream) that was recommended by our server. These were delicious! The doughnuts were not too sweet and the cream was just oh-so-lightly sweetened and cool that it was like tasting a little bite of heaven. Mmmm!

Scrambled eggs, pecorino, black pepper @ Maialino

I wasn't feeling very hungry so I decided to have the Scrambled Eggs, Pecorino, and Black Pepper. This was an amazing dish! They served the eggs exactly the way I like them, and exactly the way I can never get them to look at home. Soft and warm, the pecorino and black pepper added just the right amount of flavor to the eggs.

Suckling pig ragu and arugula @ Maialino

Once H saw the words "suckling pig", he knew what he was going to order. This is the Suckling Pig with Arugula. Served with pasta, it was very tasty, although H thought the portion was a bit small.

Decaf skim cappuccino @ Maialino

We ended the meal with one of the best cappuccinos I've had in a while. The aroma was incredible! It was nice to be able to just enjoy sipping a cup while reading the New York Times (on iPhone, of course!).

Duly fortified, H and I were ready for a day of strolling around.

Maialino
2 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010
(212) 777-2410

2 comments:

  1. I agree, H's dish looks smaller than yours. I want to eat the doughnuts and sip the cappuccino! I should go for a visit :(

    ReplyDelete

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger