Scarpetta @ Fontainebleau

09 April 2013

Untitled

One of the advantages of staying in such a huge resort like the Fontainebleau is that there are so many food choices.  I was excited to see that Scarpetta had an outpost there as I'd been wanting to try the one in New York and hadn't had the chance.

Untitled

We were quite early and were seated in the outer terrace area, where all the diners with kids were placed, haha.

Untitled

The eggplant dip in the middle was delicious! And the bread was all kinds of warm and crusty.

Untitled

The tuna bresaola with melon, baby basil, and focaccia croutons was light and refreshing.

Untitled

Hao's jumbo stone crabs with truffled aioli and dijon also tasted delicious but I only had a bite.

Untitled

Ahh...the star of the evening.  Or even of the entire trip.  This black tagliolini with dungeness crab, cauiflower, and smoked tomatoes was a revelation. Subtle, delicate, and perfectly balanced, I found myself grabbing forkful after forkful (from Hao's plate!) and just being utterly satisfied.

Untitled

After the black tagliolini, this duck and foie gras ravioli was a bit of a let down. it was tasty enough, but next to the tagliolini , it was a bit overwhelming.  The flavors were good but a bit too much.

Untitled

Dessert was a coconut pannacotta with guava sauce.  I almost skipped dessert until I heard coconut and guava.  Mmm...I couldn't resist, and it was as good as I expected.

Scarpetta
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4441 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140
877.326.7412

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger