Boy Beanie

15 May 2009

It's hard to decide what to make next as there are just too many choices available! I borrowed the Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker book from the library (one of the many I have at home right now!) and finally chose to make the Boy Beanie because it looked easy enough and seemed like something would wear.

I used Red Heart Eco-ways recycled yarn to make this and the yarn felt a bit weird...almost like plastic, actually, but not in a bad way. Just different. Since I've just started crocheting, the only other yarn I've used prior to this is Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I can't wait to start using really nice yarn, but I've convinced myself I must practice more first.

Anyway, here's the finished product:

Boy Beanie cropped

I added another round as the picture in the book looked like it would be too short for me. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this project. There were a few issues with the back seam where the stitches gaped a bit, but you can't see it when the cap beanie is on. Plus, after doing some research, it seems like the designer has come up with a Boy beanie V 2.0 which "includes revised stitch placement and instructions which minimize gaps at the “seam” which were not included in the original version of the Boy Beanie published in Stitch n Bitch Crochet the Happy Hooker in 2006."

So, I might make another one of these just to satisfy that nagging itch to perfect the stitches. I don't know what I'm going to do with all these beanies, though, haha! Maybe I can sell them someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger