Travel: Philadelphia

05 November 2010

As I mentioned before, one of the reasons I haven't been posting frequently is because I've been traveling. I figure the best way to catch up on posts is just to do a pictorial post, so here we go! Over the Labor Day long weekend, we did a road trip to Philadelphia. Here are some of the photos:

LOVE Sign

We simply had to pose in front of this famous sign.

Reading Terminal Market

Took a walk to Reading Terminal Market.

Flying Monkey Patisserie

Best patisserie ever inside the market.  The sweet potato cupcake was light and fluffy and their nutty boozer brownies were amazing.  I had to order some from home since I wasn't able to satisfy my craving when we were there. 

Elfreth's Alley

Elfreth's Alley - our nation's oldest residential street, since 1702.

Liberty Bell

The Liberty Bell was smaller than I thought it would be.

Cheesesteak @ Jim's Steak

And of course, how can one visit Philadelphia without having a Philly cheese steak (from Jim's Steaks)??  This was our last meal before we headed home, a perfect ending to a fun and informative road trip.

3 comments:

  1. Im sooo jealous! Philly has lots of good food! and I love the big LOVE structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can detour when you go to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long is the train ride? so many detours now! hahahaa id like to go to DC first

    ReplyDelete

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger