Ba Bar

29 January 2013

Untitled

On the day we were leaving Seattle to fly home, Hao decided to stay with Harvey at J's place so that I could have brunch with J and Ida.  We ended up having brunch at Ba Bar, which serves Vietnamese style street food.

Untitled

I loved how the tables and chairs were oh-so-simple that I could imagine I was in any of the regular Vietnamese restaurants I frequent (meaning no ambience), yet the rest of the interior managed to look sophisticated and welcoming.

Untitled
Menu
Untitled

Since I was still recovering from a cold, I was thrilled to see congee on the menu.  I ordered the chicken congee without hesitation and it's definitely one of the best congees I've ever had.  I'm guessing they used pho as the soup base which is why the congee was so tasty.  I was also intrigued by the name "devil doughnut" so I was a tad disappointed to discover it was just a regular Chinese doughnut.

It was so good I wanted to order another one to take home for Hao, but unfortunately, when I ordered another one, they were all out of congee already.  At 10:30 in the morning!  So I suggest if you want congee, order earlier.

Untitled

The biscuits and gravy also sounded intriguing so Ida and I decide to split one order.  I didn't like this quite as much as the congee as I felt the thyme was a bit too strong.

Untitled

On the way out, we couldn't resist the macarons.  We each got an assortment, and my favorites were the lemon and the pomegranate.  They were crisp and chewy at the same time.  Yum!

Untitled

Of course they had to pose outside so I would have a souvenir.  It was very cold that day as you can see from the outerwear.  Next time I'm in Seattle, I'd love to try their dinner menu.

Ba Bar
550 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
206.328.2030

3 comments:

  1. ohhh i love love chicken congee! their food looks yummy :) and those macaroons!!! yum :p love the picture of you girls outside the restaurant so cute :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The congee is making my mouth water, especially with the crunchy Chinese aka "devil" donuts on the side. You didn't get a picture of the oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger