Emersonmade

03 August 2009

I am currently in love with fabric flowers and all things ruffly. Show me a belt or headband or necklace with fabric flowers or ruffles and I want to buy them. In fact, my bridesmaids' dresses all had rosettes on them, in whatever style they wished! So, when I saw this post about Emersonmade via { simplesong }, I knew I had to re-post.

Emersonmade collage

She does all the styling and photography herself, as well as handmakes every single fabric flower. I love how even the darker colors are so muted and not at all garish.

Yesterday, I even wore an outfit inspired by the above "outfit": black tank, flippy white mini, and an oversized turquoise fabric flower I bought at H&M when I was in Vancouver last month and never thought I would have the courage to wear. The material of my H&M flower is nowhere near as nice as the ones from Emersonmade which are made of 100% linen.

Look, she even has peonies, my favorite flower!

peony1b

Her shop is completely sold out right now, although she's accepting pre-orders, which is probably a good thing for my wallet since I'm all for instant gratification. Besides, everything is so pretty I can't decide what to get! It rained today and it feels like fall is coming pretty soon (although it's supposed to be sunny and HOT all of this coming week...) so I want to get a fall-y color like a bluish-gray.

biggies blue2

Then again, yellow also appeals to me! haha, I'm so indecisive.

school bloom

Love the look above, so casual and absolutely something I already wear (except for the flower). I'm overusing the word "love" but I can't help myself. Love how the flower is so oversized yet somehow manages to look just right. Somehow I think I shall be wearing something very similar come fall.

All photos by Emersonmade
Blog: http:emersonmade.blogspot.com
Shop: http://emersonmade.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A LOOPY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger